Popular Posts

Saturday 19 December 2009

Lip Balm Dilemma


I'm addicted to lip balms.


Addicted to finding The One that moisturises, soothes and keeps on giving. Not one that gives temporary relief, dries my lips out then sucks up for more. On my global quest from boutique to health food shop, I've tried about 50 (sample pic here). I'm very particular: it has to smell right, feel right and look right. And do the job. How particular, Virgoan and obsessive compulsive I sound! But I am when it comes to the promised word on a product I buy... and to my lips.

So far, I recommend:

1.) Tinderbox LIP SALVE. Two hippie ladies in Western Australia make this purely botannical pot of joy. You only need to take one ring finger around the edge of your lips for smooth satisfaction. About $A10
www.cheekyherbs.com (or at Gould Street Health Food Shop, Bondi Beach)

2.) La Mer THE LIP BALM. It has the lauded, trademarked Miracle Broth. It smells and tastes minty. It has the cachet. And it works. Around $US45.
www.cremedelamer.com (or a department store near you)

3.) natural alternative "Certified Organic Paw Paw Ointment". 95% organic, made from Beeswax, cocoanut oil, jojoba oil, carrot oil, cocoa butter, vanilla oil and all those yummy things. I have it next to my laptop and just slap it on as needed. I have another tube of it in my bag.  www.naturalalternative.com.au
Thanks to mystyle.com for reminding me to update this section!

And take a look at this Chap Stick "Lip Quencher" commercial from the 70s. So cheesey, so untrue, so fab and done to the tune of  "Moon River"!  (Don't worry about the other ads after the first 'whistle' one. They're not very glamorous - although 'Barbeque' woman has a weird kind of look). Enjoy  XX




No comments:

Post a Comment