Popular Posts

Tuesday 7 September 2010

MAC hearts Marcel

This is Marcel. Marcel Wanders. Superstar Dutch industrial designer, born in July (ie Cancerian Creative)


From his early days as a member of cutting-edge design collective Droog, the 47 year old continues to pursue his penchant for a collaboration which includes Puma, HE and Swarovski. As of November 2010 we will see his latest professional affair with the packaging design for MAC Cosmetics annual couture/luxe collection (below).


I love the Art Deco-esque bottle (next to the mascara) and the concentrated solid perfume on a string.

MAC Cosmetics always deliver in quality products yet I don't have more information on this electrosexual new range, so I choose to indulge in my favourite Marcel Wanders design moments - beyond the 'Wave TV" (microwave with integrated TV screen in the door) and his Skygarden Light, these are my 'wanderful' designer degustations:


"Swing with Plants" - an indoor swing with vine plants. Just add water.


Next time you're in Bahrain and you're feeling trippy, go shopping at the Villa Moda. His mannequins have mirror heads.


The PUMA Wanders Tent from the collection 'I Hate Camping.... But I Love Lounging in Style'





And the dec-out for Miami's Mondrian South Beach Hotel. He put a chandelier over the outside pool. The hotel rooms resemble theatre boxes so that "everyone has the best seat in the house" and it's furnished with original pieces (lights, sofa, floors) from his studio.





2 comments:

  1. More 'beach tent' than camping out at Noosa Sound! I don't like camping much either.... but I do love lounging in style. xox

    ReplyDelete