Popular Posts

Thursday 16 September 2010

Fashionable Highlights from New York Fashion Week

NEW YORK NEW YORK SEPTEMBER SPRING/SUMMER READY-TO-WEAR 2011
I'll be filling my wardrobe this Summer with long lean silhouettes, figure hugging goddess drapes, sheer Studio 54-esque floatiness, a bit of Jodie Foster Taxi Driver, a dash of 70s YSL, a few fun geeky colourful pieces, jumpsuits and all absolutely ultra-feminine. I will also be living on rice crackers and water to afford just a few of these pieces.  Here are some of my favourites from the New York Spring/Summer RTW 2011 shows (no photos from Tom Ford's collection, tristement - need a ticket to Milan for that or wait til his Paris Vogue edit).

I hope you get some inspiration. xx


Killer Queen. Imagine her strutting into a club? She'd be parting the Red Sea with this breathtaking ensemble. 
Marc Jacobs, YOU SO GET US GIRLS! Photo by George Chinsee




I've always wanted a Marianne Faithful type suit from the cult movie "Girl On A Motorcycle". This is by designers William Streng and Evan O'Hara of L'ECLISSE. Photo Robert Mitra.

Edgy goddess. Super sex
Vera Wang. Photo by George Chinsee

Low slung solar yellow = casual chic with tan accessories.
Going bananas in the Bahamas... or  just walking slowly down a St Tropez street.
Michael Kors. Photos by Thomas Iannaccone and Robert Mitra


One at a time. 
I like the dress for a summer post-surf barbeque that goes into a night out; the hat I'd possibly wear on the beach as a novel (and working) sunhat with a black bikini.
Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti. Photo by Giovanni Giannoni

Heavenly. And my favourite hair! I love this hair; seen all over the runways.
Badgley Mischka. Photo by John Aquino

I'd wear a flat sandal to edge this pretty dress. The shoes this model is wearing look a bit 'pole dancer' and cheapen the look. The dress is divine.
Nanette Lepore. Photo by John Aquino

Forgive the ill-fitting pant, the styling is superb. It's about 'the total look'.
Creative Director Deborah Lloyd for KATE SPADE. Photo by John Aquino


More ba-ba-bing from Marc Jacobs. Hand me that crimper.
Bleach eyebrows, smoke the eye, matte the lip.
Photo by George Chinsee


Wear your highest heel with these pants.
Alice and Olivia. Photo by Robert Mitra


Another high pant. Gorgeous ensemble. And more tiny hair curls.
Badgely Mischka. Photo by John Aquino


Fresh sherbert pastels + stripes = cuteness, accessorised with polka dot bag. Take me to MOMA!
Kate Spade. Photo by John Aquino


Something very seductive about an elegant figure hugging dress in a dark peach nude simple outline.
Victoria Beckham. Photo by Giovanni Giannoni


Is that crimping iron hot yet?
Marc by Marc Jacobs. Photo by Robert Mitra


It's what you wear underneath that ignites this effortlessly alluring ecru leather dress.
Michael Kors. Photos by Thomas Innaccone and Robert Mitra


This is what I love about fashion - when the stylist can put odd patterns together. Arthouse chic.
Alice and Olivia. Photo by Robert Mitra

AND BECAUSE I SECURED THESE PHOTOS FROM WWD.COM, LET'S ACKNOWLEDGE THE DAZZLING FASHION SHOT OF OUR FAVOURITE REDHEAD, KAREN ELSON, (OTHER THAN YOU, CLEO GYLDE) FLICKING UP AS AN AD BREAK FOR ST. JOHN 
IN BETWEEN THE SHOW SHOTS. CONSTANTLY

Hot stuff, Mrs White.

And to finish off.... I'm not one to focus on the bad stuff and negatives, but this look is possibly the worst I saw as I scoured through the collections. I don't think it'll pull any hot dates, do you?


Malandrino. Photo by John Aquino. Just quietly....

No comments:

Post a Comment