Popular Posts

Thursday 12 August 2010

TV Makeup tips for You Tubers

FOUND THIS IN THE 'DRAFTS' FOLDER. THE TV SHOW WAS PANNED AND MY SCENE ENDED UP ON THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR, BUT THE TV MAKEUP TIPS ARE HANDY FOR YOUTUBERS, MUSIC CLIPS AND BUDDING MOVIE STARS.

I just had a cheerful guy from MBF (medical insurance) calling me up to renew my membership. Seems I let it slip by because I'm healthy and I forget these formalities. Anyway, I ask him:
"Is massage included in my membership?"
"No (laughs). I'm not trained for that. But why?"
"Well, I'm a writer and I do stunts for TV" (Just the one stunt)
"(More laughter). What? You have a Bondi address, you write and do stunts! How cool is that?!"
I just want massage included in my cover.
Grand Hyatt Spa, Hong Kong. I dream

So yesterday, I was on a TV shoot. I decided to go back to my acting agent to break up the lonesome-town of freelance writing. Acting spices it up and I love being part of the live action of a film/TV crew.
My first acting part in this career foray was as a dead woman in a new crime series. She/I had flashback dialogue but it included a violent fight scene. Hello stunts. Apparently I had a stunt double. But she was sick on the day. So I had to do Stunt 101 with Harvey to get the scene right. Awesome! Jimmy kept holding my head when I fell back on the matt. Nathan held an umbrella to protect me from the sun rays. Why am I getting all this attention? "Because you're the talent".

Apart from the acting, what I love most about the whole film thing is the makeup trailer (possibly because of my Beauty background and I'm a girl). I'm fascinated by the products and their skills. While I was getting painted up with blood and bruises for the dead scene, these are the things I noted from Celebrity TV Makeup Artist, Katherine aka Biggsy when she did my 'pretty, alive face':


Favourite hairspray: Fudge membrane gas (the best to hold a style)
Primer: MAC (prep + primer) Skin Base Visage
Foundation: Armani. She uses a base paler than natural colour and brings it up a shade with bronzers.
Bronzer: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish
Touch-ups: YSL Touche Eclat (all numbers)
Eyeliner brush: Go to an art store to buy the finest paint brush.
Eye drops: Murine Eye Drops
Mascara: YSL
Blush: Stila Convertible Colour (Shade No. 6)
Brows: Make-Up Forever Brow Tri-Colour Palette for eyebrow definition.
All-purpose: Dermalogica Multi-Action Toner: to do what only professional makeup artists need to know.

Check out COPS L.A.C on Channel 9 in Spring 2010. It's got a great, cool cast, an edgy director, and a genius makeup team (Jo, Elke, and Biggsy).  When I find the promo I saw with Marty (chief cop) doing a hit and run (aka leaving a house with his pants down, being chased by an angry husband), I'll post it up. SORRY FOLKS, THE SHOW DIDN'T MAKE IT. But it was nice to find this. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment