Popular Posts

Sunday 8 August 2010

I want. I want now. TF Lips

Tom Ford lipstick. 
The man knows how to market sexual supreme, a sense of exclusivity and quality. You somehow know that Mr Ford gets it right. Every time. He is a brilliant researcher (even wearing the lipsticks himself on test runs. Nice with the beard, Tom.) and his dedication is unwavering, stemming not only from his Gucci background but his passion for cinema and his debut film A Single Man. And ladies, he gives us the colours we crave. TRUE TRUE film icon colours, presented in an elegant snap-lock, white and gold container. It makes the art of applying lipstick more sensational, erotic and essential. It makes me think of sitting in an Artie Shaw performance in technicolour '40s satin with cigarette girls swanning around; 
swinging down the King's Road on a scooter with a Rolling Stone for a '60s photo shoot; 
or of a blonde bombshell fanned in feathers eating chocolates in joie de vivre styled 1930s malaise. 
Seriously, his lipsticks are gold. Academy award winners.

Limited edition colours to choose from that won't dry out the lip and will give you a movie star glow. For instance, we love  that unobtainable shade so close to our own lip colour we can never find (hello "Pink Dusk"). The "True Coral" that would frame the words of the fabulous Lucille Ball as "Auntie Mame" saying "Spitting distance? How vivid".  The "Pure Pink" worn by Bridgit Bardot with a smoky eye in St. Tropez. The "Cherry Lush" red that would have Rita Hayworth as "Gilda" cooing "I can never get a zipper to close" or that fab rockabilly girl at our local Surry Hills tapas bar promising our table won't be too much longer.  The "Blush Nude" worn as sexy Bond starlet Ursula Andress saying 
"I don't use my body to seduce, no. I just stand there." 
In times of bad economy (eg The Great Depression or, Now), lipsticks are beauty's best sellers. I suggest you go instore asap to find yourself a treat. Indulge your inner movie icon and something luxe for yourself. Your lips will love you for the soft silky formula, lasting power and all those things other brands promise but only Tom Ford can truly deliver. It's one of those special beauty treats for every girl's arsenal.






























2 comments:

  1. Miss Caroline Lovely!
    I didn't know you had a blog! yay!
    I am a bit slow off the mark here aren't I!
    I will visit often!
    Miss you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hello Sandwich!
    Lovely to see you here.
    I miss you too.
    I'm ready for a trip to Tokyo.
    Take care
    Caroline XX

    ReplyDelete